High Throughput Thermal Screening
- Screen for elevated temperatures without physical contact
- Protect staff from the COVID-19 threat with enhanced temperature screening
- Efficiently perform high throughput temperature triage in medical settings
In the setting of the COVID-19 pandemic hospital systems and commercial buildings are under tremendous pressure to ensure the safety of employees patients and the community at- large. Organizations that focus on identifying potential COVID-19 patients sooner will provide a safer workplace and healthcare environment for all.
In many countries current best practice for mass screening is to manually determine the febrile condition associated with COVID-19 using a thermometer. The presence of fever has a high association with COVID-19 and other infectious syndromes. In many cases this screening procedure requires screeners to come into close proximity with patients in order to measure temperature placing them at risk of coronavirus infection. With the COVID-19 pandemic there is an urgent need to identify individuals with elevated temperatures automatically at scale and perhaps more critically to protect staff from the threat of COVID-19 by maintaining physical distance between themselves and potentially infected individuals.
- Accurate to within +/- 0.3 °C.
- Uses a black body for ISO 13154 compliance to screen humans to assess human temperature.
- Automated black body tracking for enhanced resilience to camera jarring.
- Enhanced by machine learning algorithms that detect faces and protect privacy.
- Ability to screen thousands of people per hour and provide analytical capabilities.
- Comprehensive building entrance deployment within hours with adequate technical support.
ICU Capacity Enhancement
- Maintain constant visual and verbal contact with multiple patient bed locations while protecting healthcare workers
- Intelligent camera and microphone system enhances patient care and provides automated alerts
- Designed for use in existing rooms and expanded field hospital environments
In the setting of the COVID-19 pandemic, hospitals face unprecedented capacity issues that threaten to undermine healthcare delivery for all patients. Further, the expansion of bed capacity into traditionally non-clinical areas like office space and field hospitals makes standard isolation precautions such as negative pressure rooms nearly impossible. There is an urgent need to enhance capacity and protect front-line healthcare workers with a cost effective, scalable remote patient monitoring system.
Whiteboard Coordinator has developed a computer vision-enhanced patient monitoring system in partnership with Northwestern Medicine and Microsoft Azure that allows a constellation of intelligent pan-tilt-zoom cameras to monitor multiple patients simultaneously. In addition, patients are able to communicate verbally with healthcare workers without a provider entering the room.
Operating Room Coordination
- Intelligent sensors passively capture and document critical workflow events
- Enhance operating room profitability and utilization through workflow optimization
- Industry-standard privacy protections with independently validated de-identification protocols
Optimizing workflows and utilization while reducing waste are critical in a modern healthcare organization. Whiteboard Coordinator’s HIPAA-compliant, deep learning-powered, productivity platform was designed by physicians, operational experts, and artificial intelligence researchers to give hospital leaders real-time access to actionable data that is essential to improving operating room productivity.
In order to improve operating room efficiency, Whiteboard deploys an adaptive workflow and efficiency solution that draws data from its passive sensor network. This data is then used to dramatically increase the speed and granularity of information collection and dissemination, which in turn drives a shift from disorganized workflows to highly coordinated, parallel processes. On this foundation of enhanced communication and prediction, Whiteboard can enable OR optimization in multiple dimensions (time, instrument utilization, staffing, documentation, etc.) to reduce the hospital’s cost structure and increase profitability. More importantly, this platform allows clinicians to focus on safe and efficient OR throughput.
- Computer vision forward, intelligent sensor network for enhanced operating room efficiency.
- Passive cameras, bluetooth sensors, RFID and microphones reduce human documentation burden.
- Advanced interoperability pushes data into, and pulls data from, the EHR in real time.
- Enhanced by machine learning algorithms that detect and mask faces and bodies, thus protecting privacy.
- Automated notifications of surgical progress to staff and patient families.
Cancer Center Coordination
- Automated alerts update patients at every step of the day’s clinic journey
- Dashboards give staff real-time information on patient location
- Clean data from Bluetooth and other sensors, combined with Whiteboard intelligent analytics, improve processes and streamline workflows
The cancer center appointment can be a dizzying experience for patients. With multiple stops that occur in a variety of sequences throughout the visit, clinical efficiency and patient satisfaction are often sacrificed. Our platform passively tracks the patient to provide real-time notifications to staff and patients. Enhanced analytics give staff the tools and visibility to drive process improvements that benefit patients and clinicians alike.
- Hybrid computer vision and RFID tag asset tracking delivers exceptional value at the lowest hardware and tag costs in the industry
- Reduce FTE’s by reducing scan points
- Utilize Whiteboard’s intelligent analytics to reduce waste and control costs
Just as in manufacturing, an efficient supply chain is critical to a healthcare organization’s financial success. Too often hospitals do not have sufficient visibility to the flow of materials and supplies into and out of critical business units like the operating room. Without highly granular data around these processes, supply chain managers are left without information necessary for contract negotiations with suppliers, and monitoring key budget items. Whiteboard’s potent combination of computer vision and RFID: 1) Allows precise tracking of inventory at much greater distances than traditional systems allow; 2) Reduces the number of FTE’s required by reducing the number of inventory scan points; and 3) Provides exceptionally granular inventory usage data for enhanced analytics.
- Allows a single staff member to safely monitor multiple patients safely, at a fraction of the cost of competing systems
- Machine learning algorithms alert staff to patient movements commonly associated with falls
- Whiteboard’s HIPAA compliant, de-identified video feeds protect patient privacy
According to the Joint Commission for Transforming Healthcare, between 700,000 and 1,000,000 patients per year suffer a fall in US hospitals, at a cost of around $14,000 per fall. Whiteboard’s intelligent telesitting platform allows a single staff member to monitor multiple patients, while protecting patient privacy. In addition, our machine learning algorithms provide intelligent alerts when movements commonly associated with injury are detected.
© Whiteboard Coordinator 2020, All Rights Reserved